Serves 2 - multiply ingredients according to your requirements
for the fondue burgers
1 Sweet pepper
1 Red chilli
Red wine vinegar
Gem lettuce (shredded)
6 x Mini hash brown (fried)
2tsp Chipotle paste
4 tbsp Vegan mayo
Sesame burger bun
for the fondue cheese
100g grated vegan cheese
50g unsweetened soya milk
5g corn flour
2 tsp mustard
1. For the pickled peppers... char the pepper and chilli over a flame, chargrill or on a BBQ, leave to cool, scrape off some of the char, slice the pepper and chilli, mix in a bowl with a splash of red wine vinegar, a good pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside.
2. To make the fondue… place the grated cheese in a bowl with the cornflour and mix well. Place the milk in a pan over a gentle heat. Tip in the cheese and mix until fully melted. Add the mustard, mix well. You can either set this in a tray and cut our slices or keep warm until needed.
3. Make the chipotle mayo, mix the mayo with the chipotle and set aside.
4. Fry the hash browns in a fryer at 180C for 2mins, remove from the fryer, leave to cool and then smash the hash brown with a spatula, re-fry until crispy. Set aside and keep warm.
5. Toast the bun and set aside.
6. Cook the burgers… on a flat top griddle or in a pan, heat a drizzle of oil over a medium heat. Cook the burgers for around 3mins on each side (slightly longer if the burgers are frozen). When the burgers are nearly cooked, add a dollop of the fondue on top.
7. Time to plate up! Start to build your burger… mayo on the bottom, then lettuce, then burger/cheese, then the peppers, the hash brown, followed by a drizzle of mustard and the top of the bun!
Serve with sides to customer requirements.
For more inspiration go to www.meatlessfarm.com/recipes or get in touch directly on email@example.com