29th Nov 2019 - 08:31
Here is the latest edition of Fun Friday Food Facts for you to enjoy.
- The average person in the UK eats an estimated 60 tonnes of food in their lifetime.
- India is home to one of the world’s hottest chillies – bhut jolokia or ghost pepper – which is estimated to be about 400 times hotter than tabasco sauce.
- Surströmming is fermented herring and it is part of Swedish cuisine. Apparently it is one of the worst smelling dishes in the world.
- The Cookie Monster from Sesame Street is actually called Sid.
- Cauliflower comes in a variety of colours including orange, green and purple.
- According to the charity FareShare there are 8.4 million people in the UK who are struggling to afford to eat.