7th Jan 2022 - 09:01
To start off the New Year we have found some breakfast related food facts, which is arguably the most important meal of the day.
- Over 100 billion bananas are consumed every year, with around half of them eaten for breakfast.
- Patrick Bertoletti holds the record for the most waffles eaten in ten minutes- he ate 29!
- The average person in the UK sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28am at the weekend.
- The world record for eating Weetabix is 44 in just 29 minutes by Australian vet Dr Rob Zammit in 2018.
- In 2005 27,854 people in Germany took part in the world’s largest breakfast on record.
- Americans consume 160 bowls of cereal per person every year.