19th Mar 2021 - 08:41
This week on Fun Friday Food Facts we explore Brits and their addiction to baked beans as well as the man who invented the first cheese slicer.
- British farmer Frank Shellard runs the only farm in Britain to commercially produce milk from horses. It costs the equivalent of £13 a pint.
- Brits eat more baked beans as a nation than the rest of the world combined – more 540 million cans a year between us.
- The American Ermal Fraze invented the ring-pull on cans of drink and food in 1959 after unsuccessfully trying to open a can on a picnic with a set of car keys.
- Movie star and former wrestler Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson consumes around 5,000 calories a day.
- Thor Bjørklund invented the cheese slicer in 1925.