18th Mar 2022 - 08:44
To celebrate World Water Day (22 March) we have found some water related facts for you to enjoy.
- More than a third of the average slice of bread is ‘moisture’; if you dried it thoroughly it would weigh 38% less afterwards.
- The water footprint of refined sugar is 1,780 litres of water – or nine full bathtubs - for every kilogram produced.
- Around three-quarters of the Earth’s surface is covered with water, yet 98% is salt water and not fit for consumption.
- There's no evidence at all for the fear that drinking water at mealtimes dilutes the digestive juices – in fact water and other liquids actually help break down the food to help you absorb the nutrients.
- Cucumbers are 96% water, the highest water content of any food.