27th Mar 2020 - 07:00
Here is a collection of Fun Friday Food Facts for this week.
- John Cleese’s father’s surname was Cheese. Cleese grew up 10 miles from Cheddar and his best friend at school was called Barney Butter.
- The largest ever bubble-gum bubble produced by someone was 51cm wide.
- When customers visited the UK’s first supermarkets they were afraid to pick up goods in case they were told off.
- More biscuits are eaten in the UK than anywhere else in Europe. On average each person consumes 11.5 Kg a year.
- The Boston Tea Party, in 1773, during which tea was thrown off ships helped to kick-start the American Revolution.
- An estimated 49% of US adults eat one sandwich every day.