8th Jul 2022 - 06:00
The Wimbledon men’s and Women’s finals are taking place this weekend so we have found the best Wimbledon related food facts.
- The price for a portion of a Strawberries and Cream at Wimbledon has remained the same since 2010 at £2.50 despite rising food costs.
- Wimbledon is the largest single annual sporting catering operation in Europe: serving 234,000 meals, 330,000 cups of tea & coffee and 29,000 bottles of champagne.
- During Wimbledon over 110,000 scones are served throughout the tournament and fish & chips is ordered over 17,000 times.
- 28,000 kilos of strawberries and 7,000 litres of cream are supplied over the fortnight.
- Alcohol may be brought into the grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or champagne (750ml) or two cans of beer (500ml).
- In 2021 Wimbledon provided 42,037kg of surplus food to redistribution charity City Harvest, which translated into 99,056 meals to feed vulnerable people in London.