16th Jul 2021 - 06:00
This week for Fun Friday Food Facts we have some weird facts to help kickstart the weekend.
- McDonald’s sells 2.5 billion hamburgers every year, which equates to 75 individual burgers being sold every second.
- According to a YouGov poll carried out in February 2021 the most popular takeaways in Britain are: Chinese (25%), Indian (17%) and fish & chips (16%).
- There are around 2,000 edible insects and around one quarter of the world’s population regularly consumes them.
- Expiration dates on bottled water doesn’t refer to the water inside but the plastic bottle itself which will eventually start to leak chemicals into the water.
- Costa Rica produces around 7% of the world’s bananas and they export around 90% of their coffee they produce.
- Some giant pre-historic mushrooms grew around 400 million years ago, they could be 7m high and 1m wide.