6th Aug 2021 - 06:00
To celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games being hosted in Tokyo we have found our favourite Japanese food facts.
- Japan has as many as five million vending machines and it has the highest density of vending machines worldwide.
- Research has revealed a 74% rise in Japanese restaurant bookings as Brits jump onto new ‘spec-tasting’ food trends.
- Japanese farmers produce square watermelons for the sake of ease of storing.
- Los Angeles was the first US sate to introduce sushi to American food culture.
- Eating whilst you walk is considered rude in Japan.
- Tokyo is home to 278 Michelin stars, which the most any individual city has.