12th Aug 2022 - 06:00
The theme for Fun Friday Food Facts this week is orange foods!
- An apricot tree is capable of producing fruits for a period of 20 years to 25 years.
- In 2010 worldwide production of carrots reached 33.5 million tons. The largest producer and exporter was China with 15.8 million tons followed by the United States of America and Russia.
- It has been said that orange peels can be used as a natural medicine for lowering blood pressure and anxiety.
- Peaches contain vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B6, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and iron.
- The world’s heaviest sweet potato weighed 37 kg and was grown in Spain.