19th Aug 2022 - 06:00
This Fun Friday Food Facts we celebrate three national food days that occurred this week involving rum (16th), fajitas (18th) and potatoes (19th).
- Rum was first distilled in the Caribbean around 400 years ago and often in the 1700s sailors would be paid with rum.
- The world’s strongest rum is Suriname’s Mariënburg rum, bottled at 90% ABV.
- In the 1990s McDonald’s attempted to introduce their own chicken fajitas into the market.
- The first vegetable grown in space was the potato.
- Over a billion people eat at least one potato every day.