3rd Sep 2021 - 06:00
In this edition of Fun Friday Food Facts find out what James Bond has on his toast for breakfast.
- In Ian Fleming’s 1957 novel From Russia, With Love, it’s revealed that James Bond has marmalade on his toast.
- Eighty percent of a cricket can be eaten, while only 55% of a pig and 40% of a cow are edible.
- In 2015 culinary experience creators Bompass and Parr offered a 200-course taster menu for four people costing £4,500 and served over a 24-hour period at The Factory in London.
- Before the chili was brought to India early in the 16th century by Portuguese sailors, food was made hot using black pepper and long pepper.
- Marmite was included in soldiers’ rations during the First World War along with bully beef, spam and condensed milk.
- In 2017 the world produced more than 10 million tonnes of strawberries, with China producing 4.1 million tonnes.