23rd Sep 2022 - 06:00
This week there is no theme for Fun Friday Food Facts, just a random bunch for you to read this morning.
- The vegetable that loses its taste the fastest is asparagus, so it is recommended that it is eaten on the day of purchase if possible.
- Andrew Lawrence holds the record time for running the London Marathon in a fruit costume. When dressed as a banana in 2016 when he completed the marathon in 2 hours and 47 minutes.
- The first Pizza Hut restaurant opened in Wichita, Kansas during the late 1950s.
- There are more doughnut shops in Canada per capita than any other country.
- You can tell if cranberries are ripe because they will bounce off the ground.
- South Korea is one of the world’s largest consumers of garlic in the world. Between 2011 and 2017 the average person consumed 7.6Kg a year.
- In the early 20th century around 90% of El Salvador’s exports were coffee.