13th Nov 2020 - 08:23
Here is another collection of our weird and wonderful Fun Friday Food Facts.
- The colour of egg yolks varies according to the diet of the hen, but also the time of year - they tend to be paler in the winter.
- Rooibos or redbush tea is not properly tea as it comes from the leaves of a plant in the pea and bean family.
- In 2012 Luxembourg had the most Michelin stars per person in Europe.
- Nearly 1.5 billion pigs are killed around the world every year to feed the growing appetite for pork, bacon, ham and sausages (the number has tripled over the last 50 years).
- The heaviest apple grown was by Chisato Iwasaki at his apple farm in Hirosaki City (Japan- 2005).
- In some parts of México, they serve exotic food such as iguanas, rattlesnakes and turtles as the main protein.