20th Nov 2020 - 07:00
We have created a storymap to showcase these food facts from around the world!
- Hawaii is one of only two US states to grow coffee beans and the Kona region is home to 650 coffee farms alone.
- Ecuador is the largest producer and exporter of bananas in the world.
- The national dish of Botswana is called seswaa, it’s a stew of boiled meat, maize meal and greens.
- Tsukiji Market in Tokyo sells over 700,000 tonnes of seafood every year and it is just one of a dozen fish markets in Tokyo.
- North Macedonia’s Lake Ohrid contains around 200 species of fish, many of which can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
- Interesting dishes in Icelandic cuisine include ram’s testicles and putrefied shark.