11th Dec 2020 - 08:31
This week the Fun Friday Food Facts involve crisp flavours, American wedding cakes and a strawberry museum.
- The most popular crisp flavours in the USA include plain, barbeque and sour cream & onion.
- On series 13 of I’m A Celeb: Get Me Out of Here (2013) the TV crew ate 15kg of bacon, 540 eggs and 70kg of potatoes.
- Apparently 13% of brides in the US decide to serve cupcakes (fairy cakes) at their wedding as opposed to the traditional wedding cake.
- There is a 35% increase in pizza delivery sales on the night of the Super Bowl.
- There is a museum dedicated to strawberries in Belgium, you can buy everything from strawberry jam to strawberry beer.
- Rich people in the Tudor era ate as much as 1-2 kgs of meat a day, which is about ten times as much as people today. Popular Tudor meat included venison, pork, veal, rabbit and swan.