19th Feb 2021 - 08:18
In the seventh food facts list of 2021, we explore whisky distilleries, raw oysters and grapes!
- There are more whisky distilleries in Germany (200) than there are in Scotland (130).
- UNESCO recognises three cuisines on its ‘intangible heritage’ list – Mexican, French and Mediterranean.
- Older chickens lay eggs with thinner shells, regardless of the breed
- Pork is the most widely consumed meat in the world (by 36% of people), followed chicken (33%), beef (24%) and goats/sheep (5%).
- Raw oysters are still alive when you eat them – if they’re not you could well be in for tummy trouble!
- Grape growing is the largest food industry in the world as there are more than 60 species and 8,000 varieties of grapes.