30th Apr 2021 - 08:35
This week on Fun Friday Food Facts we are sharing our favourite cheese facts!
- The top cheese eating country is Denmark, where on average everyone consumes 28.1kg of cheese a year.
- By some estimates, there are more than 1,800 different types of cheese in the world with mozzarella being the most popular.
- A ‘cheesemonger’ is a person who sells cheese for a living.
- A quarter of all the cheese made in the USA is produced in Wisconsin.
- Pule, is a rare Serbian cheese made from 60% Balkan donkey milk and 40% goat's milk, retails at £450 a kg.
- Cheese can be made from the milk of cows, goats, sheep, horses and camels.