5th Feb 2021 - 08:37
In preparation for the start of the Six Nations this weekend, the food facts are themed around the six countries that compete for the Grand Slam.
- A typical full English breakfast contains around 1,190 calories.
- France produces ten billion baguettes every year.
- Ireland has five vineyards in Dublin, Cork and Waterford.
- There are more than 300 different types of grapes that are grown in Italy.
- In Scotland haggis is normally made with a sheep’s heart, liver, lungs and kidneys with onions and oats but in 1984 the first vegan haggis was launched.
- The number of sheep in Wales (nine million) outnumber the population by three to one.