The awards aim to recognise the great work that's been going on in Wales in the school catering sector. The LACA Wales Awards are making a welcome return with their first awards evening since 2019.
Judith Gregory, vice chair of LACA, said: “This is an important event for education colleagues across Wales to gain recognition for their dedication, innovation and outstanding contributions in this fantastic industry of ours.
“We very much appreciate all the support we get from our suppliers for these awards, and a huge thank you to the LACA Wales Committee who work tirelessly to deliver our regional events.”
The 2023 winners include:
- LACA Wales Region Secondary School Catering Team Of The Year, sponsored by Harlech Foodservice: Bryntirion Comprehensive School (Lower Kitchen), Bridgend County Borough Council
- LACA Wales Region Primary School Catering Team Of The Year, sponsored by Harlech Foodservice: Tenby VC Primary School, Pembrokeshire County Council
- LACA Wales Region Emerging Talent Award, sponsored by Falcon Foodservice: Claire Scott, Denbighshire County Council
- LACA Wales Region Innovation Award, sponsored by Hobart, Joint winners: Caerphilly County Borough Council and Torfaen County Borough Council
- LACA Wales Region Shining Star Award, sponsored by Middleton Foods: Sian Davies & Emma Williams, Pembrokeshire County Council
- LACA Wales Region Catering Management Team Of The Year, sponsored by Castell Howell Foods: The Big Fresh Catering Company
- LACA Wales Region Community Impact Award, sponsored by ParentPay: Cardiff Council
- LACA Wales Region Outstanding Supplier Of The Year, sponsored by LACA Wales Region: ABM Catering Ltd
- LACA Wales Region Chair’s Award, sponsored by Radnor Hills: Matt Lewis, Castell Howell Foods
The Welsh Government Food in Schools Award sponsored by The Welsh Government was presented to the lead officer in each of the LEAs operating in school meals within Wales.