On the Friday of NSMW LACA are asking you to throw the ‘biggest party ever’ to celebrate this milestone.
A spokesperson for LACA said: “Everyone loves a party so this is an opportunity to get more children trying great school lunches on the final day of the week. We also want to know what you have been doing over the past 30 years. How many of them have you celebrated? Tag us in the socials and let’s see who are longest running supporters are.”
The five themes include:
- Launch day: Enjoy great school food by introducing pupil’s favourites and promote your week of celebrations.
- Come Dine With Us: Let’s get parents into dining rooms across the country, where they can sample how great the meals are and to see what a great environment it is to work in.
- National Roast Dinner Day: A roast dinner day showcasing the best local British produce, and LACA challenge you to create the best plant-based version as well.
- Try something new: A day to encourage children who haven’t tried meals in a while or to get existing customers to sample some new dishes.
- Happy Birthday NSMW: LACA want you to end the week with one big celebration and invite your local MP or VIP to join in a day of promoting #greatschoolfood and NSMW’s 30th Birthday.
Chair of LACA Anita Brown added: “We know pupils benefit from a hot meal at lunchtime, and as an industry we know they impact so positively on so many lives – this is something to be celebrated.
“We recognise there are challenging times at the moment with the cost of living crisis, rising food costs, issues with staff recruitment and so much more but also so many positives with free school meal funding in London and Wales. With that in mind, the value and benefit of great school food and all members are doing to provide quality meal each day shouldn’t be underestimated.”
You can download, edit and print the full range of resources to suit your campaign. Everything you need can be found in the resource section.