The NACC Awards aim to recognise and celebrate the ‘innovation, excellence and dedication’ within care catering as well as the unsung heroes across the sector that go above and beyond every day for the benefit of their residents.
The overall winners will be announced at the NACC Awards 2021 gala dinner, which will take place on Thursday 7 October at the East Midlands Conference Centre in Nottingham.
Sue Cawthray, national chair of the NACC, said: “The past year has continued to be an incredibly challenging time for care caterers as we continue to navigate and adapt to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic.
“Care caterers up and down the country have pulled out all the stops to remain agile and innovate in the face of obstacles, changing pressures and new ways of working.
“We have been continually impressed by the dedication, ingenuity and sheer tenacity of our members and care catering colleagues. It’s for this reason that the NACC Awards in 2021 are so very important.
“It’s crucial that we take this time to pause, reflect, recognise and celebrate the fantastic efforts and achievements of those that enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of so many older and vulnerable people through good food, nutrition and uplifting mealtime experiences.”
The finalists include:
The Triumph Over Adversity Award, sponsored by Bullseye Food Packaging
- The Hertfordshire Independent Living Service Team
- Anwar Kajee, head of hospitality, Country Court
- Denise McEvoy, head of care services, Harrogate Neighbours Housing Association
- Paul Robottom, owner/director, Signature Dining
Care Establishment of the Year Award, sponsored by Hobart
- Invicta Court Care Home
- Long Close Retirement Home
- Mill House Catering Team
Meals on Wheels Award, sponsored by apetito
- Harrogate and Ripon Food Angels
- Nottinghamshire County Council Meals at Home Team
- The Bevy Community Pub
- The Umbrella Café
- West Sussex County Council
Catering Team of the Year Award, sponsored by CaterCloud
- Care UK Food and Hotel Services Team
- Catering Team of Sunrise of Sonning
- Country Court
- Mill House Catering Team
Catering Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions
- Rida Diab, chef manager, Royal Star & Garter-Surbiton
- Natalie Jordon, chef manager, BUPA Beacher Hall
- Stuart Keown, senior dining services coordinator, Sunrise of Banstead
- Dianne Lilley, hotel services manager, Care UK Residential Care Services
- Daisy Slavkova, head of hospitality, Elsyng House
Our Care Catering Hero Award, sponsored by Premier Foods
- Adriano Carvalho, dining service coordinator, Sunrise of Sonning
- Luke Webb, second chef, Mill House Care & Dementia Home
The winners of the following coveted awards will be revealed at the gala awards dinner:
- NACC Region of the Year Award, sponsored by Meiko
- Pam Rhodes Award, sponsored by Anglia Crown
- National Chair’s Award