Not only will the Diet Change Champions be contributing to a reduction in school-wide emissions through their advocacy, but each entrant will have a chance of winning some ‘amazing prizes’ for their hard work. The winning school will also receive £500 towards their sustainable eating programme.
According to ProVeg global temperatures have already ‘spiked’ by 1.1°C above pre-industrial levels, with the effects of climate change already causing droughts, floods and biodiversity loss. Farming and the eating of animals is a leading contributor to the global climate crisis, responsible for about 20% of global greenhouse gas emissions.
Switching to a plant-based diet can reduce emissions by up to 50%, making diet change one of the most impactful things we can do to protect our planet.
- Teams of 1-4 students (recommended teams of 3-4 to spread out workload)
- Students must be attending a UK secondary school
- Teams must register by emailing email@example.com with the message “I’d like to be a Diet Change Champion” by Friday 15th July 2022.
- Each Diet Change Champions team must hold at least one “Save The Planet Day” in their school during COP27 (7th – 18th November 2022)
- Each 'Save The Planet Day' must encourage the uptake of plant-based food in their schools
- Each team must create a short PowerPoint presentation (10-15 slides) showcasing their work.
- Winning school will be announced before Christmas break 2022
For more information on the competition, visit here.