The discussion is timed in the wake of the UK’s exit from the EU, with a focus on the impact this has for UK food safety standards. Delegates will also address the challenges being faced by the sector as a result of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
The speakers include Emily Miles Chief executive of Food Standards Agency, Helen Munday president of the Institute of Food Science & Technology and Kate Nicholls chief executive of UKHospitality.
The key areas for discussion include:
- Food regulation following EU exit.
- The impact of the pandemic - its effect on the regulatory landscape and overcoming the challenges.
- Addressing challenges in food safety at local level.
- The outlook for future trade deals.
- The future for food standards in the UK.
For more information on the WFNF policy conference, visit here.