She won the Unsung Hero accolade at the 2022 Public Sector Catering Awards. Andrea recently appeared in the news for ‘revolutionising’ school meals by introducing allergen free days and plant-based only options at Waltham Forest schools.
Sweet & spicy jackfruit wraps recipe (five portions)
- Olive oil, 20ml
- Onions, red 500g
- Naked Pouched Jackfruit 600g
- Garlic clove x2
- Smoked paprika, 5g
- Ground cumin, 5g
- Ground black pepper 2g
- Tomato paste, 5g
- Treacle 5g
- Tap water, 100ml
- Vegetable bullion 5g
- 6 inch tortilla wraps, x5
1. Heat the oil in a pan and fry, sliced onions for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened and brown at the edges.
2. When the onions have caramelised, add the crushed garlic, smoked paprika, Cumin black pepper, and tomato paste, fry for one minute stirring.
3. Add the jackfruit, treacle, and vegetable stock. Stir to combine then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. When the sauce has reduced and thickened, remove from the heat. Taste and season.
5. Serve immediately in a wrap with salad.