Green Cuisine Meat-Free Meatballs
• 500g “Short Rigatoni” Pasta – pre-blanched
To Make the Cheese Sauce
• 2 pints Milk
• 1 x crushed Garlic Clove (to infuse the milk)
• 100g Plain Flour
• 125g Butter
• 125g Red Leicester
• 125g Mature Cheddar
To top the dish;
• 75g Grated Red Leicester
• 75g Grated Mature Cheddar
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the required amount of Meat-Free Meatballs into a tray / gastro and cook for 12 minutes.
- Make a classic cheese sauce with infusing the milk with a little crushed Garlic, and a white Roux with the butter and flour, finishing with the 125grm of both Red Leicester & Cheddar cheeses.
- Place the cooked Rigatoni into a gastro pan and mix well with the cheese sauce, then add the Meat-Free Meatballs and mix into the sauce and pasta, carefully until the Meat-Free Meatballs are coated and evenly spaced in the tray / gastro. (NOTE – careful not to break up the Balls)
- Sprinkle the 75grm batches of grated cheeses across the top of the mix and place into the hot oven for 12 minutes until the cheese is turning a light brown colour.
- Serve the pasta with a small salad and a slice of garlic bread.