Green Cuisine Chicken-Free Southern Fried Strips
Wheatgerm wraps 10/11” to allow you to “roll” the Burrito
To Make the Cajun Rice
• 200g Onion
• 1x Red, 1x Yellow & 1 x Green Pepper
• 25g Cajun Seasoning
• 350g Long Grain Rice
• 15g Olive Oil
• 2 x Garlic Cloves minced / puréed.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the olive oil in the pan and heat up, then add the onions and cook through, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the Cajun spice and stir in the Long Grain Rice, mix thoroughly, and let the spice colour the rice, coating the rice with the oil / onion mix then cover with water and place into the oven and braise for 19 minutes.
- Place the required amount of Southern Fried Strips on to fry baskets (if available) and place into the oven once the rice has 5 minutes left to cook – this will ensure that the rice has had time to stand and allowed you to stir through the vegetables that will have risen to the top. Cook for 12 minutes until crisp.
- Take the wheatgerm wraps and place on the hot plate to warm slightly. Once warm lay each on out and place a service spoon of rice in the middle and then place 2 strips by the side of the rice and drizzle with BBQ sauce then roll up the wrap being careful to “tuck” in the sides as you roll to close the ends.
- Serve with shredded salad and sour cream.