Taking place from 14-18 June 2021, Healthy Eating Week aims to encourage people to reflect on their lifestyles, with a focus on what they eat and drink. The charity will create a series of resources providing information and tools to help people of all ages eat well and keep active.
Roy Ballam, managing director and head of education at BNF, commented: “With the challenges we have all faced over the past year, we want to help people re-focus and feel empowered to look after their own health.
“So, through Healthy Eating Week we will provide a range of evidence-based resources and tools to help the nation tackle the barriers that can get in the way of eating well and moving more. We’ve adapted our themes and activities so that schools and workplaces, as well as individuals and families, can get involved – everyone is invited.”
Healthy Eating Week will focus on five themes:
- Know the facts: Day one will start with the basics of healthy eating and busting the myths around nutrition.
- Make a healthier choice: Tips and tools will be shared encouraging healthier choices.
- Plan for success: Small changes can result in big gains when planning meals and snacks.
- Be the chef: Healthier cooking tips will be given, with recipes and ideas for inspiration.
- Keep moving: Being active has many health benefits and is an important part of a healthier lifestyle.
To register for Healthy Eating Week 2021, visit here.