Emma Holden, Country Range Group marketing controller, said: “Working in a care catering environment can be very challenging for chefs as not only do they have to worry about their residents enjoying their meals but they also need to ensure that what they produce is nutritionally balanced and tailored for each individual.
“This is on top of providing a variety of meals and snacks throughout the day, seven days a week, so it can be a bit challenging at the best of times. This guide aims to offer top tips and guidance on how they can navigate the sector and take their offering to the next level.”
The guide includes:
- Planning your plates: Focusing on menu planning from balancing calories & nutrients to plate presentation.
- Nourishing needs: Taking a closer look at the challenges chefs face on a daily basis accommodating the dietary requirements of each individual.
- Time to hydrate: Understanding the importance of keeping residents hydrated.
- Staying active: Having a variety of events for residents to take part in.
- Keep it clean: Looking at the importance of food hygiene standards in a care home setting.