13th Mar 2020 - 08:21
It is officially the unluckiest day of the year, 13 Friday. To celebrate we’ve got some superstitious facts for you.
- Eggs symbolise fertility, so farmers used to scatter broken eggs into their fields hoping this would bring forth an abundant crop.
- In Japan, sticking chopsticks upright into a bowl of rice is an omen of death, as it looks like the unlucky number four.
- Mixing two different beers in a glass is considered to be bad luck in Czech Republic.
- To reverse your bad luck, you should throw salt over your left shoulder with your right hand to blind the devil and keep your soul from being taken.
- In Rwanda superstitious women never eat goat meat as they fear it will cause them to grow facial hair.
- Argentineans believe you should never mix watermelon and wine as it will cause death.