8th Jan 2021 - 08:56
Fun Friday Food Facts are back with a bang! Checkout our first edition of 2021 food facts that range from super-sized foods to the taste buds on a human tongue.
- American company Empire Kosher Poultry broke the record for the biggest chickn nugget, which weighed over 50 pounds! The nugget was revealed at a New Jersey trade show in 2013 and it was estimated to be the equivalent size of 700+ ordinary nuggets.
- Sailors and pirates stockpiled jam on board their ships because the vitamin C prevented scurvy.
- The average human adult tongue has between 2,000 and 4,000 taste buds.
- In 1988 McDonald’s opened its 10,000th restaurant in Virginia.
- The world record for the biggest burger was set in California ten years ago. The burger contained 600 pounds of meat and over 100 pounds of the bun.
- In time for Valentines Day in 2008 a marmite-flavoured champagne was released.