7th May 2021 - 08:22
To celebrate the upcoming Plant-Based Week, which will take place from 17-21 May, we have selected some plant-based related food facts for you to enjoy this Friday.
- Over half a million people from 209 countries signed up for Veganuary 2021.
- A fifth of people cooked a plant-based Christmas dinner in 2020.
- In 2020 around 1,200 new vegan products were launched in the UK alone.
- This year Lebanon's Hayek Centre has become the first hospital to serve only plant-based food.
- F1 driver Lewis Hamilton set up a plant-based burger chain in the Autumn of 2019.
- Celebrated every year on November 1, World Vegan Day raises awareness about animal rights and advocates the widespread adoption of a vegan lifestyle.