The Lifetime Excellence Award is given to an ‘outstanding personality who has, over the course of their career, demonstrated a unique and exceptional commitment to improving catering within the education sector in Scotland’.
The Scottish School Food Awards aim to reward excellence in education foodservice across the country. The awards were launched to celebrate and promote schools that prioritise well-being, sustainability and high quality food.
Open to state-run, private and public schools throughout the country, the Scottish School Food Awards are judged by a panel of independent experts from across the education sector. Finalists showcased the ‘highest levels of achievement, innovation, care, community cooperation and development of young people’.
The Scottish School Food Awards 2023 took place at George Watson’s College in Edinburgh on the night of 29th November 2023. The winners included:
- The Hospitality Education Award: Parkhill Secondary School
- The Foodservice Team of the Year Award: Barrhead High School
- The Student Chef of the Year Award: Amber Rissmann
- The Wellbeing in Education Award: Merchiston Castle School
- The Employee of the Year Award: Owen McLeod
- The Scottish School Chef of the Year Award: Donald McInnes
- The Lifetime Excellence Award: Jayne Jones
- The Special Award: Linda Richardson