The NACC Awards celebrate organisations, teams and individuals for their ‘dedication’ to the care catering sector.
The National Chair’s Award is awarded to an organisation or an individual who, in the opinion of the chair, has displayed ‘exceptional commitment’ over a number of years or made an ‘outstanding contribution’ to the NACC.
NACC 2020 award winners:
- National Chair’s Award: Neel Radia
- Care Establishment of the Year Award, sponsored by Hobart: Pear Tree Court, Care UK
- Meals on Wheels Award, sponsored by apetito: Hertfordshire Independent Living Service
- Catering Team of the Year Award, sponsored by Brakes: Meallmore Ltd
- Catering Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions: Anne Dudley, Catering Support Manager, Hampshire County Council
- Our Care Catering Hero Award, sponsored by Premier Foods: Peter Hall, Head of Kitchen, Cranleigh Paddock Care Home
- Pam Rhodes Outstanding Achievement Award, sponsored by Robot-Coupe: James Clear, Hotel Services Manager, Care UK
- NACC Region of the Year Award category, sponsored by Meiko: Northern Region
- The Triumph Over Adversity Award, sponsored by CaterCloud: Joint winners- The Umbrella Café and Michael Buccu, sous chef Gracewell of Ascot.
Sue Cawthray, national chair of the NACC, “Congratulations to the NACC Awards 2020 winners. In what’s been an incredibly challenging year for our sector, it’s been an absolute honour to recognise and celebrate the extraordinary efforts and frontline contribution of everyone in care catering.
“Care caterers have shown without a shadow of a doubt how innovative, dedicated, compassionate and selfless they are – and how fundamental they are to quality care. They’ve ensured residents who suddenly found themselves isolated from the outside world continue to receive nutritious meals and met the increased demand for meals delivery to the vulnerable older population in the community confined to their own homes.
"And always with the specific needs and overall wellbeing of each resident and customer at the heart of what they do. The virtual awards ceremony was a very special occasion and we’re thrilled that despite the difficult circumstances we all find ourselves in, we’ve been able to celebrate the amazing achievements of our sector with members and friends. It goes without saying that everyone at the NACC is very, very proud of the care catering sector.”
The event can be watched and relived on the NACC website.