Green Cuisine Chicken-Free Dippers 2 x dippers per portion
• Mini Tortillas – 1-2 per serving (approx 20 per gastro tray)
To Make the Enchilada Sauce
• 200g Diced Onion
• 2 x Minced Garlic Cloves
• 100g x Tomato Puree
• Half a sachet of MILD “Tex Mex” flavour i.e. Chilli Spice / Fajita Spice – to deliver the depth of BBQ back flavour
• Diced Peppers 1x Yellow, Orange & Red
• 1 litre x Tomato Passata
• 2 x tin Chopped Tomatoes
• 15g Olive Oil
To fill the Enchiladas
• 200g Grated Cheese
• Use some of the sauce – approx a T-spoon in each tortilla
To top the Enchiladas
• 1 x 340g Tin of Sweet Corn Kernels
• 250g of Cheddar & Mozzarella cheese mix (having the Mozzarella gives the cheese topping a shine and good texture)
- Pre-Heat the oven to 210°C.
- Place approx 15g of olive oil into a pan and warm, add the diced onion and stir until the onion begins to soften.
- Then add the minced/ pureed garlic and stir until the garlic is lightly fried into the onion.
- Add the half sachet of the MILD “Tex Mex” spice and cook through until its mixed through the onion & garlic mix. This will be very aromatic.
- Mix in the tomato puree and cook out for 3-4 minutes and once this is cooked down add the diced peppers and cook for several more minutes.
- Place the required amount of Chicken-Free Dippers into the HOT preheated oven for 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the passata, and bring to a simmer, once simmered for 5 minutes set aside.
- Once ready take out the Chicken-Free Dippers and cut each one in half – across their longest point.
- Lay out the mini corn tortillas and place 2/4 halves of the dippers into the middle of the flat mini corn tortilla.
- Top with a sprinkle of grated cheese and a teaspoon of the Enchilada sauce – not too much.
- Line a gastro with parchment paper and roll each mini tortilla up and sit them onto this with the seam of the rolled tortilla on the bottom.
- Complete and fill an entire gastro – approx 20 portions, then pour the remaining sauce in a line, directly down the centre of the tortillas, leaving both sides slightly exposed / free of sauce.
- Sprinkle the can of drained and dried off sweet corn on to the sauce and top with the cheese.
- As mentioned at this stage if you wish to make the Enchilada a little more crispy lightly break up some plain tortilla chips and layer this up with the cheese topping.
- Place in a hot pre-heated oven 185°C for approx 10 minutes.
- Serve with Sweet Potato Wedges / Fries and Sour Cream.