26th Mar 2021 - 08:34
On this edition of Fun Friday Food Facts find out more about a prank by chef Gordon Ramsay, British people’s love of bacon and the most commonly mispronounced word on restaurant menus.
- The largest ceramic dinner plate was made in Lebanon in 2010 and weighed 4,320 kg (9,524 lb) and measured 7.17 m (23 ft 6 in) in diameter.
- In 2017 TV celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay was filmed pranking visitors by posing as a wax figure in Madame Tussaud’s for an episode of The Nightly Show.
- Research in 2019 showed that 'Nduja (en-doo-ya) sausage is the most commonly mispronounced word on restaurant menus.
- Over three billion pizzas are sold in the US every year and pepperoni is the nation’s favourite topping.
- Brits spend around £1.37Bn a year on bacon, eating 227,000 tonnes of it.