9th Apr 2021 - 05:00
Fun Friday Food Facts are back to normal this week with a focus on grapes, the largest Easter egg in the world and canned tuna.
- Over 70% of the world grape production is used for wine, 27% for fresh fruit and 2% for dried fruit.
- Venice fought and defeated other Italian states (1482-84) for the control of the salt mines.
- Ounce for ounce sardines contain more protein than steak, more potassium than bananas and more iron than cooked spinach.
- According to the Guinness World Records the largest chocolate egg in the world was 34 feet tall and weighed 15,873 pounds.
- Canned tuna is a good source of nutrients, including omega-3 fatty acids, high quality protein, selenium and Vitamin D.
- Over a billion people eat at least one potato a day. The average American eats 140 pounds of potatoes every year while Germans consume on average 200 pounds per year.