14th May 2021 - 06:00
This week for Fun Friday Foods Facts we explore South America!
We have created a story map to showcase these weird and wonderful facts.
- Brazil is the largest exporter of coffee, soybean and beef in the world.
- Popular Argentinian dishes include Asado, Dulce de Leche and Empanadas.
- Around 70% of the world’s Brazil nut supply comes from Bolivia with exports at around 25 million tonnes.
- There are more sheep in Uruguay than humans! In 2000 the country exported $1Bn worth of livestock.
- Paraguay’s national dish is Sopa Paraguaya, which is a cornbread with onions and cheese.
- In Ecuador guinea pig is considered to be a delicacy and an ancient tradition. It is roasted whole and is said to taste similar to rabbit.