9th Jul 2021 - 08:21
To celebrate England reaching the Euro 2020 final we have some food facts about the two nations who will be competing for the trophy on Sunday.
- Italy is the largest exporter of wine in the world and on average each person drinks over 45 bottles of wine a year.
- Queen Victoria was very fond of the good old British banger but insisted that the meat used be hand chopped rather than minced.
- Italy is the world’s leading user of olive oil, with the nation’s 59 million people consuming on average 11 litres a year per person.
- England’s footballers expend an average of 1,107 kcal of energy during a match, add in training and their ordinary needs and it means they have to consume about 5,000 kcal a day during the Euros.
- It is estimated that there are approximately 350 different types of pasta - and about four times that many names for them.
- Wimbledon’s strawberries are grown in Kent, with each individual one measuring between 25-45mm in diameter.