10th Sep 2021 - 06:00
On this edition of Fun Friday Food Facts find out which country has the lowest meat consumption per capita and discover more about the popularity of goat meat.
- Goat meat accounts for around 70% of the red meat consumed globally.
- In Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, the very strongly smelling durian fruit is banned from buses, subways, hotels and airports.
- Vinegar will not only last for a long time but it can be used to preserve other foods such as vegetables.
- India has the lowest meat consumption per person than anywhere else in the world at seven pounds a year on average.
- In March 2011, Greggs opened their 1,500th store in York
- On average Australian’s eat out or dine out two or three times a week- that’s almost 2.5 billion meals eaten out every year.