16th Apr 2021 - 08:12
Join us this week for another edition of Fun Friday Food Facts to find out more about the nation’s favourite pizza topping and the world’s longest noodle.
- The longest noodle in the world was more than 3km long and was made by chefs from the Xiangnian Food Co.
- The UK's favourite pizza topping is vegetarian, followed by pepperoni, four cheese, margherita, and meat feast.
- A mussel with orange flesh is female and a whiter mussel usually suggests its male.
- There are over 8,000 species of crabs in the world and humans consume over one million tonnes a year.
- There are an estimated 1.5 million cocoa farms in West Africa and they produce 70% of the cocoa in the world.
- Native to South and Central America sunflower seeds have been eaten for around 5,000 years.