From Monday 17 May 2021 (today) indoor hospitality and restaurants are allowed to reopen to the public.
Money.co.uk research found Google searches for terms related to restaurant bookings soared by 285%. The most popular restaurant search terms included:
- Indian restaurant: 74,000 searches in April 2021
- Italian restaurant: 60,500
- Chinese restaurant: 40,500
- Japanese restaurant: 33,100
- Turkish restaurant: 27,100
Across 20 major UK cities 65% (13/20) are looking forward to visiting an Indian restaurant this week when the restrictions are lifted. UK cities where Indian restaurants were the most searched term include Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool and Sheffield.